Members of Better Call Saul’s cast and crew wrap-up season three and its various plot lines.
With Better Call Saul closing out its third season, AMC has released a wrap-up video. This video sees many of the show’s cast and crew members sitting down to discuss what went down this season. Specifically, Co-Creator Peter Gould, Executive Producer/Writer Gennifer Hutchison and Executive Producer Melissa Bernstein speak on behalf of the crew. As for the cast, Bob Odenkirk, Michael Mando, Giancarlo Esposito and Mark Margolis all stop by to speak on their characters. Watch the full video below!
– In the run up to season three, Jimmy McGill’s transformation into Saul Goodman was heavily teased. That transformation came more in practice than name, both Peter Gould and Genn Huchison alluded to this. Gould goes as far to say that “Jimmy did some things which I find truly despicable.” That’s Saul Goodman for ya.
– Bob Odenkirk speaks more on Jimmy’s relationship with Kim than his career developments. He notes that come season’s end Jimmy is living to keep Kim in his life and help to give her the future she deserves. You saw this play out during Monday’s season finale. Jimmy spent much of the episode doting on Kim following her car accident. I’m intrigued at how their relationship will handle what has happened to Chuck. Only 10 months till we find out!
– Melissa Bernstein notes that “Chuck’s fate” will have a lot of power over Jimmy. Though we get no confirmation from the show. This is yet another comment from the crew which points to Chuck having died at the conclusion of Lantern.
– Michael Mando says that Nacho and Gus are very similar to one another. Is he hinting at an upcoming partnership between the two? Again, we’ll find out in 10 months, but this is something I believed would happen since the season’s early episodes.
– At the end of the feature, Bernstein teases a very interesting potential development in season four. The idea of Jimmy, Mike and Gus’ stories intersecting. She talks about the three of them being intertwined and Jimmy likely popping up on Gus’ radar at this point in the series. Saul, Mike and Gus teaming up? Count me in! …in 10 months.